About Paul McCrory
Paul McCrory runs learn differently ltd, a STEM engagement organisation based in Northern Ireland (find out more about the company and Paul’s background).
His public engagement training to a range of university researchers across the UK has been very well-received. An important element of his training is an appreciation of the demands and priorities which researchers face in a rapidly-changed professional landscape. Paul worked as one of the national public engagement mentors for the EPSRC, which involved supporting UK researchers who were delivering major engagement projects.
Some excellent examples of good communication. Inspiring guy.
From PE presentation to Engineering Department, University of Cambridge
As an education consultant his work has included:
• Mentoring and advising universities on public engagement projects;
• STEM engagement project evaluation;
• Science show, workshop and programme development for public engagement or widening participating activities;
• reviewing applications for funding bodies.
Previous public engagement clients have included:
- The Royal Institution, London;
- Physics department, Queen’s University of Belfast;
- Widening Participation Unit, QUB;
- British Antarctic Survey;
- University of Edinburgh;
- University of Liverpool;
- ECIT, Belfast;
- Royal College of Pathologists;
- STEM Team East;
- UWE MSc Science Communication;
- Dublin City University;
- NUI Maynooth.